Dr. Lai began his practice in 2017 after completing a fellowship at The Orthopedic Group of Pittsburgh. He focuses his practice on minimally invasive procedures and diabetic limb reconstruction. In addition to his clinical work, Dr. Lai engages in research and has authored multiple chapters on foot and ankle surgery.
OUR OFFICES ARE OPEN
WE ARE HERE AND READY TO CARE FOR YOU!
If you have an appointment, please plan on arriving at your scheduled time.
If you are experiencing any fevers, chills, body aches,
cough, or other flu-like symptoms,
please do not come into the office with such symptoms.
Consider rescheduling with a
Telemedicine Appointment or cancel and wait until
you have recovered to reschedule your appointment.
- Same Day In Office Appointments Available
- X-Ray & Fracture Care
- Telemedicine Physician Appointments Available
- Telemedicine Physical Therapy Appointments Available
Questions about your appointment?
Call 609-927-1991 #1
Questions or Concerns?
Call our Patient Relations Department
609-927-1991 ext. 171
COVID-19 Precautions For Patients Being Treated in the Office
We are closely monitoring the situation with COVID-19 and
taking preparations to ensure the health
and safety of our patients, staff and community.
It is our goal to continue to provide the same attention and
high-level of care to you during this time.
COVID- 19 Precautionary Measures Implemented:
- Notice to patients posted at the entrance of each Shore Orthopaedic location, stating; if a patient feels ill with fevers, chills, body aches, cough, or other flu-like symptoms THEY SHOULD NOT ENTER THE OFFICE, but instead RETURN HOME and call to reschedule their visit for when they are feeling healthy.
- Our phone operators are screening patient appointment calls, asking patients if they are experiencing any fevers, chills, body aches, cough, or other flu-like symptoms. If so, the appointment is not scheduled, but instead the patient is asked to wait until they have recovered.
- Phone/Text appointment reminder messages state; “if prior to your appointment, you develop any fevers, chills, body aches, cough, or other flu-like symptoms, please reschedule your appointment and do not come into the office with such symptoms.”
- All patients upon entering the building are directed to a hand washing station and being asked to wash their hands prior to checking in.
- Surfaces that are touched by patients and staff are sanitized on an hourly basis. This includes, but is not limited to, counter tops, checking stations, shared armrests, bathroom doors and surfaces, patient doors, exam tables, radiology surfaces, height and weight station.
- Patients are being asked to practice Social Distancing in the waiting room.
- Staff is directed to STAY HOME and not come to work if they are feeling ill and are experiencing any fevers, chills, body aches, cough, or other flu-like symptoms. In addition, staff is also directed to follow Social Distancing practices.
Shore Orthopaedic University Associates
Is Pleased To Welcome
Damon A. Greene, M.D.
Fellowship-Trained in Sports Medicine
Orthopaedic Surgery (Board Qualified)
Year began practicing: 2017
Undergraduate School: University of Maryland
Medical School: New York Medical College
Residency: SUNY Downstate Brooklyn, NY
Sports Medicine Fellowship: Ochsner Medical Center
Specializing in: Acute and chronic ligament, tendon, or cartilage injuries to all major joints; primarily shoulders, elbows, knees and hips.
Dr. Damon Greene is an orthopedic surgeon who is fellowship trained in sports medicine, arthroscopy, and cartilage surgery. He spent an extra year of surgical and medical training after residency to concentrate on the diagnosis and treatment of athletic injuries. He has worked with various professional athletic organizations including the New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans; collegiate teams such as University of New Orleans; and numerous high school teams in both New Orleans and Brooklyn. He was also selected to be an assistant orthopedic surgeon at the NBA All Star Game and NFL Combine.
Dr. Damon Greene was born and raised in Maryland in a small community just outside Baltimore. He obtained his medical degree from New York Medical College in 2011 He completed his orthopedic surgical residency and training at SUNY Downstate in Brooklyn in 2016 where he served as chief of academics. He went on to the prestigious sports medicine fellowship at Ochsner which he completed in 2017.
Dr. Greene aims to treat all of his patients with the same high quality orthopedic care that professional athletes receive. He utilizes a minimally invasive approach to the treatment of injuries when possible in order to return patients to sport and work as quickly and safely as possible. He also aims to prevent musculoskeletal injuries before they occur. He does this through patient education and a direct focus on proper athletic technique.
Now accepting New Patients at:
24 MacArthur Blvd, Somers Point, NJ 08244 609-927-1991
9 Stites Ave, Cape May Court House, NJ 08210 609-465-2774
Shore Orthopaedic University Associates
Getting you back …to what you love to do™
Bill Elliott (609) 332-2588
Mark Soifer (609) 399-1412
Donna Brennan (609) 927-1991
HEROES to Splash and Dash for Designated Driving at Ocean City’s 2015 First Day
Ocean City, NJ – Participants in Ocean City’s annual New Year’s Day Run and Ocean Dip will have a new reason to take the plunge this year as the John R. Elliott HERO Campaign partners with the city to promote the use of designated drivers.
It’s all part of the Ocean City’s 23rd First Night and First Day celebrations, which begin New Year’s Eve with the city-wide festival of family activities and fireworks, followed by the First Day HERO Run and Plunge on the beach and Boardwalk. This year’s event also marks the beginning of the HERO Campaign’s 15th anniversary year.
“We are proud of Ocean City’s longstanding relationship with the HERO Campaign,” stated Mayor Jay Gillian. “We welcome its participation as a charitable partner in our annual First Night and First Day festivities, which are all about safe family fun.”
The run and plunge, presented by Shore Orthopaedic University Associates in Somers Point, will seek to raise funds and awareness for the HERO Campaign in support of its mission to prevent drunk driving by promoting the use of safe and sober designated drivers. “We have supported the HERO Campaign since its inception and are proud to make this important organization a major focus of our philanthropic community involvement,” stated John R. McCloskey, MD, senior partner for the regional orthopaedics group. “We share their commitment to saving lives and making our community a safer place to live.”
MICHAEL GRAVES & ASSOCIATES COMPLETES NEW HEADQUARTERS FOR SHORE ORTHOPAEDIC UNIVERSITY ASSOCIATES – PROJECT ENCOMPASSES STRATEGIC PLANNING, ARCHITECTURE, INTERIORS AND GRAPHIC DESIGN
Design incorporates a “Patient First” approach & “Lean Design Principles,” creating a facility that is equal to the excellence of care provided.
PRINCETON, N.J. – International architects Michael Graves & Associates (MGA), in collaboration with Shore Orthopaedic doctors and Scarborough Properties, announce the completion of the headquarters and medical office building for Shore Orthopaedic University Associates in Somers Point, New Jersey. The 10,300 square foot newly constructed facility utilizes a “Patient First” design approach based on “Lean Design Principles.” The new clinic houses exam rooms, x-ray imaging services, offices, public lobby and waiting room, staff lounge, physical therapy facility, medical offices, conference space and an outdoor relaxation garden. MGA designed the entire project from strategic planning, architecture and interior design, to furniture, graphic design, company branding, website and marketing graphics.