Dr. Lai began his practice in 2017 after completing a fellowship at The Orthopedic Group of Pittsburgh. He focuses his practice on minimally invasive procedures and diabetic limb reconstruction. In addition to his clinical work, Dr. Lai engages in research and has authored multiple chapters on foot and ankle surgery.
SELECT SURGEONS BONE & JOINT
Announcing an elite grouping of the state’s top Orthopedic Surgeons, Neurosurgeons, Plastic Surgeons and Podiatrists across 13 procedure categories. This distinction is based on a number of criteria, including experience, qualifications, surgical volume, results and reputation. Only the top doctors in each category are named to the Select Surgeons Bone & Joint list. Many of the surgeons on this list perform other procedures in addition to those for which they have been recognized.
Ira M. Fox, DPM
Shore Orthopaedic University Associates
Reconstructive and Traumatic Foot and Ankle Surgery, Ankle Joint Replacement
Selection Methodology—Bone & Joint Surgeons
By New Jersey Monthly | August 8, 2019
Select Surgeons takes a 360-degree look at New Jersey’s bone and joint surgeons, reviewing 9 criteria across 13 procedure categories to arrive at the most comprehensive evaluation of leading bone and joint surgeons in the state. Leflein Associates (add link), a locally owned research firm in Ringwood, NJ, was commissioned to conduct the survey. Research was conducted between November 2019 and April 2020.
ShoreOrtho Sports Performance
& Injury Prevention Tips
A monthly series presented by:
Damon A. Greene, MD
Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Shore Orthopaedic University Associates
The Covid-19 pandemic has affected and will continue to affect everyone. As the weather improves and spring turns to summer more of us will be doing outside activities from home projects to bike riding. Orthopedic issues will continue to arise as accidents will unfortunately happen. Fractures and dislocations are serious injuries that require timely treatment. At Shore Orthopedic University Associates, we offer in office diagnostic X-ray and can treat your injury without you ever having to go to the emergency room or urgent care. Our offices are taking the utmost Covid-19 precautions including a thorough screening process all while maintaining social distancing. As orthopedic surgeons we at Shore Orthopedic University Associates have an obligation to our community. If you or a loved one suffers an accident or is having continued pain, we are here for you. We also offer telehealth visits for urgent and non-urgent issues for all of our patients.
Dr. Greene is a local Ocean City doctor who is a Sports Medicine Fellowship-Trained, Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon.
He specializes in; acute and chronic ligament, tendon, or cartilage injuries to all major joints; primarily shoulders, elbows, knees and hips. He treats fractures surgically when necessary, but performs casting, bracing, and other non-operative treatments such as specialized injection therapies.
OUR OFFICES ARE OPEN
WE ARE HERE AND READY TO CARE FOR YOU!
If you have an appointment, please plan on arriving at your scheduled time.
If you are experiencing any fevers, chills, body aches,
cough, or other flu-like symptoms,
please do not come into the office with such symptoms.
Consider rescheduling with a
Telemedicine Appointment or cancel and wait until
you have recovered to reschedule your appointment.
- Same Day In Office Appointments Available
- X-Ray & Fracture Care
- Telemedicine Physician Appointments Available
- Telemedicine Physical Therapy Appointments Available
Questions about your appointment?
Call 609-927-1991 #1
Questions or Concerns?
Call our Patient Relations Department
609-927-1991 ext. 171
COVID-19 Precautions For Patients Being Treated in the Office
We are closely monitoring the situation with COVID-19 and
taking preparations to ensure the health
and safety of our patients, staff and community.
It is our goal to continue to provide the same attention and
high-level of care to you during this time.
COVID- 19 Precautionary Measures Implemented:
- Notice to patients posted at the entrance of each Shore Orthopaedic location, stating; if a patient feels ill with fevers, chills, body aches, cough, or other flu-like symptoms THEY SHOULD NOT ENTER THE OFFICE, but instead RETURN HOME and call to reschedule their visit for when they are feeling healthy.
- Our phone operators are screening patient appointment calls, asking patients if they are experiencing any fevers, chills, body aches, cough, or other flu-like symptoms. If so, the appointment is not scheduled, but instead the patient is asked to wait until they have recovered.
- Phone/Text appointment reminder messages state; “if prior to your appointment, you develop any fevers, chills, body aches, cough, or other flu-like symptoms, please reschedule your appointment and do not come into the office with such symptoms.”
- All patients upon entering the building are directed to a hand washing station and being asked to wash their hands prior to checking in.
- Surfaces that are touched by patients and staff are sanitized on an hourly basis. This includes, but is not limited to, counter tops, checking stations, shared armrests, bathroom doors and surfaces, patient doors, exam tables, radiology surfaces, height and weight station.
- Patients are being asked to practice Social Distancing in the waiting room.
- Staff is directed to STAY HOME and not come to work if they are feeling ill and are experiencing any fevers, chills, body aches, cough, or other flu-like symptoms. In addition, staff is also directed to follow Social Distancing practices.